Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weekend of sisterly sewing and bread.

This was probably my last bit of sewing for the next month or so. All my weekends are crunched full of stuff (although Sunday the 27th looks empty so far) and spare after work hours I'll be painting something for a present. I have to admit I'm getting sad thinking about all those busy weekends. Individually they are weekends I'll enjoy, like church weekend away, my birthday, a wedding, but, to use a design analogy, the brain needs white space.

ANYWAY! I made a bible cover for Wendy on Saturday. I luckily happened to sort of match up the pattern on the strap to the cover. Took about an hour to make, while my sister sewed new velcro onto Elsie's hat and we listened to Feet of Clay (Discwold) and let some bread rise and some spare ribs marinate.



I made half the dough into olive bread, half into plain white. It was a wet dough, so very moist and springy when baked, but the wet dough had to be kneaded which was sticky and tricky. I should have put more olives in the olive bread. Can't have too many. Saturday was not very healthy, ribs and bread. But we walked two hours as well.


Sunday lunch was a lovely BBQ with cathedral church friends in their backyard near my house. They had chickens! In Randwick! 4 hens, which provides them with 20 eggs a week. Graham brought sirloin steak oh my goodness yum I can never eat minute steak again. I took my favourite salad with baby spinach and chickpeas in it. Tish brought a nectarine crumble. Ahhh! How good is crumble! So easy, sweet and moreish. Esp when fruit is cheap.

No comments: