Sunday, February 26, 2017

February, HOT.

I got a new phone. SO GOOD. I can take better photos and its faster. The longer you delay something the bigger the gratification.

I grew paper daisies! I must plant them again this year.


I spent a $20 gift card on plants. January and February was the worst heat in years, so plants struggled, but I bought a bit more of one that did well, to get more of it in my wallgarden. Nearly all the wallgarden is taken down to nurse plants through the heat.


AND! I built a shelf in my wardrobe. This is the BEFORE pic, it's one big space where I piled stuff on top of everything.



And this is the work in progress and the finished shelf!


It is such an accomplishment to do something that has been annoying me for ages, but involves learning how to do it, doing something new. I always feel a bit out of my depth in the trade section of bunnings, the end with all the wood and the cut shop, but I appreciate how helpful they are. Particularly they have middle aged mum types who are approachable. But everyone in Bunnings doesnt walk by without making eye contact and offering help. I think that is what redeems Bunnings from being a hateful warehouse conglomerate monster that drives out small businesses.

Please note, it was terribly hot. I got a photo of cows standing under the irrigation sprinklers on one of the few days it was bearable to go for a walk.


Another swim at the Bogey Hole, this one with sisters and Maddie, on one of the 45 degree days, but unfortunately the pool was a bit tepid. And even the coastal temperature was uncomfortably warm. But at least we got out of the house, you start to feel a bit trapped just from staying in the airconditioning. Which, by the way, I LOVE.


Work got busy and my computer is having network problems. But I had holidays planned!

I took Friday off work and flew to Brisbane to visit Heather. This is the hunter valley at takeoff.


This is Brisbane at landing.


I liked Brisbane. It felt much like the eastern suburbs area of Randwick Coogee, except not beachy, but the Queenslander houses and the same unit blocks give it the same feel, relaxed and urban/coastal with a prosperous but relaxed demographic.



 Heather had to sleep off some shiftwork so I amused myself on Friday, finished my holiday book. It wasn't so hot either.

On Saturday we caught a bus and ferry to some food markets that are very popular, like food trucks but in shipping containers. There were 4 of us, so we shared a few things.


i got this ice cream in a cronut cone. A one-time sort of thing.


Heather got this thing she had in Korea with ice and ice cream.




Sunday morning, I flew to New Zealand.

No comments: