Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August. Pacing myself.

I struggled to get back into work after my holiday. Before holiday, I was acting team leader, so work was busy, then the wedding, then the holiday with all the driving, so when I got back, I really wanted another couple of days. But there was a Rural Resilience Team workshop I had to prepare something for and attend. It involved each of us doing a 2 min presentation. Mine went well. There was good networking. I got to see the people involved in some of the projects I design for. 

Then I took Friday off. I did chilled out things at home, bought expensive new bamboo cotton bed sheets (from an outlet) because my very very old ones tore, had a hot chocolate and did some sudoku, went for a jog with Cass, and got a haircut. The haircut was the highlight because I "auditioned" a hairdresser and was very pleased with their work. This bob has a steeper angle up at the back.


After that day off, it was night church weekend away. I decided to conserve energy this year because it's not my favourite thing. I've figured out that I can manage events where I go home after the session, but night church camp has no escape, no boundaries, it's pretty much designed for extroverts who like board games. So I did not go on Friday night, I slept in my own bed. On Saturday morning I collected the fresh bread and the forgotten groceries from Woolies and arrived for the talk. On Saturday afternoon I chatted to people happily for a while, then I went to my cabin and had a phone call with JB. That was a good way to do things. I went off to bed at 8.30. Still, by Sunday, I was crabby, so I left straight after lunch and recovered at home with tea and finished Stranger Things, which I loved. Everybody loves Stranger Things.


The annual stunning photo from the Tahlee jetty pool. We actually saw dolphins in the bay.

The next week at work was very tired, I buried myself in an ebook about fungi, and ignored everything else, which was really good. I finished the book, so I've got something to show for the month. There was a death at the college which was very shocking and sad, and the effects are still playing out.

Last Saturday was the hunter Word in Song conference. The talks were fantastic. The workshops were probably good but I get nothing much out of them because I've done them all, seriously all of them, even drumming. I did songwriting for the second time. It was good to go though, spending time with the church band I'm about to join.]

On Sunday I was solo, and I walked to Maitland to have lunch at the Aroma food market then caught the train home.

This week I've been fully charged! Jumping easily from job to job at work, doing good creative work,  after work I've caught up on personal jobs like sorting out what sheet music I need to print and trying to organise my tax stuff, and I've done Jillian and cello as well. It's good to have energy to do things and not have them looming over me.

Things I'm looking forward to:

  • Starting to play piano at church.
  • Making a Jane Austen costume from my old sheets. I need to find a pattern. I have enough time to make it, and a costume event to wear it, so it's going to happen! Then one less thing to do before I'm dead.

No comments: