Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tamworth: Farmer Jess.

Congratulations mum and dad for being still healthily married after 35 years.



A girl at church invited me up with her to her parents farm at Tamworth. I had an AMAZING time. The drive up on Friday was heart to heart with macdonalds and driving music.

On Saturday I helped her dad and her and her sister with drafting and marking 60 lambs. I really wish I had video of me catching a lamb because it is a new skill, you’ve got to grab them by the leg and really commit when they struggle. I enjoyed riding a quad bike and a motorbike and sitting on the tray of a ute, all dangerous things with no helmet or anything.



The inside dog was a very cute Cavoodle.


2 hours of sheep work was exhausting, so after morning tea and lunch with some interesting visitors we had a 2 hour nap. Then we did some more hooning for fun.





Then we had an amazing home cooked meal. We also visited her gran who is unwell, and I played the piano a bit, and we sang together and our voices matched perfectly, she's got a better voice than me but I blended into it well.

Words can't really describe what a good weekend it was. Relationships, food, experiences, all enriching.

I've got a weekend at home, and I've spent a bit of time after work this week tidying up the garden to make ready for Autumn planting. Cut things back, mowed. I found a couple of baby rockmelons!


I will have to swap the layers on the worm farm to put the castings in the veggie garden, buy some very tall stakes, and get ready to plant peas.

No comments: