Saturday, March 5, 2016

Pause. Catch-up. It's Autumn at last!

Mixed feelings about it now being Autumn. It still feels like the year has only just started, but it's March so we are well into it and I'm about to get older. I'm super tired of hot weather and really really want some cool nights so that I can sleep properly, but on the other hand the days are getting shorter and I love daylight savings. So I guess it's good that things come around and keep changing. I had a very foggy drive to work one day this week, I do love fog.

Whenever I dump photos off my phone to my computer I realise how long its been since I blogged! Here are photos from Maitland Show, which I went to with R. It was really fabulous. I think because of LED lights.




As we drove away we realised there were fireworks, so we stopped on the road by a field and watched them, and Beethoven's 5th was on the radio, one of those perfectly soundtracked moments.

Last weekend I had a long-anticipated visit to Sydney. I had a couple of days of a work workshop which was very last minute as well. It was interesting, about how to entrepreneur, and we were at the Dawes Point area. It's so beautiful.




I made the most of it, Liz and I caught the bus into the city on Thursday night to eat on Dixon Street which we most enjoyable, and we went to muji because I am compelled to spend money there at every opportunity because I love fine pointed pens and japanese stationary, and we checked out Sephora but bought nothing.

Back to the reason I planned to visit Sydney: friends! I thought I would visit friends in the southern suburbs, mainly because there were new babies, and if you're in the area make the most of it is my philosophy. I got value for visit! I also went to the dentist. But mainly: Ann Marie, Anna, Caroline and Matt and Kimberly, Tricia, Julia and Luke, Bec and Rachel, and Denise.




When I visited J's church on Saturday night I randomly met some women whose dad lives in Maitland, so we arranged for me to take him to church on Sunday. That was a really lovely outcome. He's quite old and recently widowed and appreciated it a lot. Would never have met him or anything, if not for being at Kirrawee and being overheard saying I was from Maitland. Classic God.

And finally, Percy went for an explore the night I went to Sydney. Put himself in a tree. I tried to rescue him with a broom and he ended up flying back to me. Phew.


As a result of the Sydney trip, and not having any rest last weekend, I was in a tired slump. Very unenthusiastic about work. Thankful for freezer meals. Did no Jillian, but had lots of nice things to do after work - went for a walk with R instead of Jillian, had salad and painted nails with girls from homegroup, and had dinner with parents who are back from an amazing trip to NZ. On Wednesday I had arranged to spend time with blonde sister because she has been working locally, so we went to newcastle after dinner for a swim in the babies pool, and another friend met us there, which was so nice.

I think that's all. I'm having a Saturday where I don't leave the house or check my phone (well I have replied to some things, but not checking twitter etc). I did some Jillian, made a nice sandwich for lunch, ate my last Connoisseur paddle pop, watched a lot of TV and Netflix, mopped the floor, and found my camera. Much needed rest, although for a while I thought I was going to depress myself with thoughts. Better thoughts: what is the cheapest way to get comfortable seating for large groups? And how should I rearrange the furniture to fit large groups in? Or should we continue to use the garage and just put fairy lights up?

No comments: