Sunday, January 10, 2016

Summer holidays.

My last 2 days of work for 2015 were spent down at Belgenny Farm recording stuff for the dairy museum there. I work on it when I go back to work as well. It was interesting and fun to make butter and see a robotic dairy.


I have the app Map My Walk which I am using to socially motivate some walks. I did a short walk at camden in the morning for example. I would have stayed in bed otherwise.


A Tocal colleague left me a Christmas present in my office.


Had an end of year picnic with some people from home group. (I took them for an walk for my app too!) Thankful for these people.


Then I had lots of time to fill, so JK and I went to the beach a few times. I also went with Heather.



Christmas was spent with family, JK, and some of Julia's friends from Busselton.

I went to Kotara Westfield one day after Christmas to shop the sales, just as a special treat because it filled in a day, I don't go shopping all that much, and it was something to get out of the house. I was a bit at a loose end because people are mostly working or away, and I was not working and just staying home mostly. I bought lovely things like tea, a swimming rashie, 2 nice blouses from country road, and an eyelash curler.

I went through my Facebook and last years journal to fill in the page of my gratitude diary. It was a year with a lot of sad days and good things, I think writing a one page summary of a year is a good reflection exercise. I've never written a christmas letter but that's the same thing. Seeing little things accumulate into growth. The 2016 page is empty because there isn't anything I'm looking forward to. Hmmoooo.



I did this little drawing as a gift of ferrets for G.


Newcastle New Year was shared with sisters and friends. Julia, Heather, JK, Elsie, G, Jess Jo. We picnicked at Nobbys, watched the fireworks, watched a lot of The Mindy Project. Elsie and I swam at the bathes which was delightful. We went back on New Year's Day for another swim and hung out at JKs place. I went home to clean and deliver Percy to his sitters, then we had pizza at Merewether.



Then to Summer School! Katoomba was drenched. This was the only day there was parking on the oval. It was closed for most of the week.


This is the vision mixing I do 3 nights of the week.


 Here is one of our regular cocky visitors.


One of my housemates Sue had a book she draws in while she listens to sermons. I drew one and it was quite good for listening.


Sample weather forecast. The rain was a bit of a downer because it prohibited standing around chatting, everyone was damp and cross, and the logistics were difficult.


I skipped a couple of morning talks and stayed home completely on Wednesday, which was good for me.


My mood turned as the rain stopped and my energy recovered from New Year and hormones and all the things.


We had a scone-baking boyfriend in the house a lot.


After the conference some of us stayed for an extra night to enjoy the mountains in the sun.


And now I'm home, catching up on this and washing and writing a prayer for church and getting ready for life as usual.

No comments: