Sunday, January 24, 2016

And onwards, 2016!

No big plans this year. No New Year's Resolution to read the whole bible, no interesting possibilities to speak of, no big goal I'm working towards like building the garden or drawing for Facebook. I am living short-term at the moment. Whatever happens happens. I'm OK with that, and I'll monitor the small things I accomplish with the Gratitude Diary and similar. Oh, I am sometimes using the Map My Walk app to motivate me to walk regularly, and my aim is to do minimum 10km per week average. It's not a big goal, but its enough incentive to fit 1 or 2km in here and there.

Life has been about getting back into routine. Planning meals, doing exercise, going to bed at 10pm and setting my alarm for work. Routine feels like a bit of a tyrant sometimes, when I'm just endlessly plodding from task to task, but it helps get the basic essentials done and therefore I function. It's not good to ignore those boring things like sleep, vegetables, exercise, by staying up late, eating fruit toast for dinner and watching DVDs, because then will likely end up tired, constipated and lethargic. 

One thing that helped was to tweet 3 small goals for tomorrow. Usually, Pray is one of them. The other two might be go for a walk or tidy something up. Being patient at work was one once, because I had IT problems and nobody to fix them for 2 weeks, so I decided to practice calm and patience. In my experience frustration is ineffective. 3 goals a day is not overwhelming, it's nice to have a narrow focus for each day. Finished with that practice now, though I shall probably use it again in the future!

It was Maitland Alive mission last week. I wasn't directly involved as I didn't taken any time off work. But I did do supportive things and I enjoyed having team members over in the evenings to shower and hang out and play with Percy. I've been washing and ironing for a week afterwards.


There was some reinforcement work on the garden.


Friends out the front of home group.



I've had a run of nice social things! Bec popped in for dinner on her way back to Sydney, and I have hosted my Californian friend from work who is just moved back here, she stayed 2 nights.

Saturday included buying a mattress (because of my sore back) and going to housemate's bro's 18th for a bit and some board games with girls.

Sunday morning swim with family, surf so high it was all around the pool ankle-deep. No sunbathing here. Lovely temperature.



JK and I made bonnets for friend babies. I baked for the first time this year, wholemeal bread with garlic and herbs. Happy food times.




No comments: