Friday, August 28, 2015

Poppins, Aroma, animals, moving the furniture around.

Maitland had another food festival, this one called Aroma. It was fantastic weather, the carpark at the river was really well decorated and there was a lot of good food. I went for a couple of hours with 2 women from church.


We discovered a room with cats to cuddle.


I decided to rearrange the furniture. This is the new layout which I love. The table was in the other room to the birdcage, which meant I never ate at it, because if Percy can't see me in the morning he screeches. So I used to sit next to Percy eating breakfast off my lap and watching the Today show. I realised I don't like morning TV and decided to get rid of the second TV completely. It will go to the church office eventually. Moved the table into Percy's room, and now I can eat breakfast while reading the bible and Percy can see me so it's pleasantly quieter.


And where the table used to be, in the nice sunny part of the house, we put this half-couch which was leftover at my parents house. And also the piano. It's the reading couch.


This is Percy having a cuddle. I have now owned Percy for a year.


JK and I saw Mary Poppins in Newcastle. MP was my first favourite movie, and it is still a classic with Julie Andrews. I had also read the books. And I had heard good things about the Sydney musical. And while the singing and sets and costumes were very good, I actually found the play itself pretty bad. The story was a mishmash of movie, books, plus some modern elements like a song which, I joke not, went "don't reach for the stars, reach for the heavens and you'll get the stars too". That was the main song they climaxed the story with. Ughhh. I am without words. Also they left out Mr Banks song which is very funny and Mrs Banks got a new song, not about being a suffragette but about being in a difficult marriage or something.


One of my colleagues brought their puppy Ted to work. 3 months old.


In a surprise election on Monday, I pulled a Julia Gillard on Nathan and was democratically elected Pretend Office Manager.


I have sweet pea flowers! Mostly rampant vines, but the first flowers! And they are pretty and they smell AMAZING.


I'm going to remove the curtain completely and just have a window of green.


No comments: