Friday, August 14, 2015

Campfire, work fun.

I’ve been waiting to get the internet at home. Because that will make blogging and photo uploading a lot better. So the gaps between blogs are getting longer.

Here are some photos from nightchurch weekend away at Tahlee. 

 Perfectly constructed fire.

Jetty pool getting more and more dilapidated each year.



The weather was actually great! A local pastor who used to be an MEC member preached on Unity, Love, Confessing and Forgiving. The first talk was the foundation, we are united to each other and to God in Christ. But then that’s hard, so the next 3 were about how we do that in terms of cultivating genuine affection to motivate us, confessing to each other and to God, and forgiving each other. The question times were good. There was a standout book review from a woman who read a short book on conflict by Ken Sande, and she had even applied the steps to resolve a work conflict. More engineers should do book reviews.

I also played my first ever games of Mafia. It was something I wanted to do this year, and it turned out to be a good way to break the ice a bit with the yooths.

I’ve been enjoying a new luchtime walk with my new office sharer J. It’s a longer walk but more interesting, hills and swamps and through the homestead cottages. I should take some photos. J has been in our office for a few weeks. Some of the old fellas were warning us about her, "oh she’ll get you lot in line, you watch out", and we were just "pfffft. We have our own office culture and she will conform to it." And she’s very nice and she has conformed to our lovely office culture. So last week I made a certificate to formally celebrate her acceptance into the Crawford Court 6 Centre for Excellence, as N calls it. She very much appreciated it. We played a fanfare and presented it to her, and she hung it on her wall. 

The other office fun is that a native rodent called a phascagale has been into our office, eating the biscuits and chewing through the phone lines, and one night it ripped the head off a taxidermy rosella. We had a funeral for it in the garden outside our office this week, N dug the hole, I dropped it’s head in the hole twice, we all threw a handful of soil onto it, M spoke a few words and laid flowers on the grave. It was hilarous.



I scored snapper that N caught on the weekend, because his family don’t eat fish so he distributed his catch at the Centre for Excellence. I really enjoyed eating the fish, and Maddie and I shared the eyeballs. It’s 6 months since she moved in, and I am so happy she lives with me.



Percy has decided he likes Maddie and will climb on her not to attack her face but to permit her to tickle his head. 


My pea harvest is almost finished, but now I am delighted by my sweet peas, which are growing in front of my bedroom window, as high as my head. I know all the flowers will face the other way but it’s still very romantic. I’m tempted to throw some money at my garden and get raised garden beds. 

No comments: