Friday, December 12, 2014

Gloom and love.

I've been feeling sad and empty since Sunday night. It's been kind of on and off gloom for the last couple of months, because in a new place the second six months are harder than the first, plus death and stuff. It's very tiring. What a wonderful blessing are my close friends on twitter though. I think I should be being honest about it with people in my local life too, but when someone asks me how I am after I've tiredly dragged myself out to see them in the evening I'd rather put on a happy face and talk about Kris Kringle shenanigans than tell them I'm depressed at the moment. I'm hardwired to deflect difficult conversations and be amusing instead. So twitter it is. I don't understand why there are people out there who use social media to bully and abuse others. Thankful that my twitter is a happy cocoon. And physical manifestations of the love in cards this year, which I really appreciate the effort and thought and they sit around in my house reminding me of you. And a special treat of flowers delivered to work this week. I know I haven't been this thoughtful and caring and demonstrative when others have been through hard times.



Percy is happy coming to work with me. I just have to keep an eye on what he tries to chew.




I've made a bit of a 3-month to-do list. So that I can try and think about one thing at a time and not speculate anxiously ahead. So the carols are on Sunday (I think I'm anxious about inviting ppl to it and I'm helping with food). Next week I can apply for my job (haven't seen the ad yet but it's coming). Christmas (presents). Confirm housemate situation for 2015. Go to the movies to see Big Hero 6 with some people. Summer School. And so on. 3 months will take me to Feb (which is when my contract ends if perchance I don't get the job) and into what I hope is a more routine existence.

No comments: