Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Carols, cookies, cockroach crisis.

Thankfully my mood and energy picked up by Friday/Saturday. Finished the working week with dinner at the home of a family from morning church, and watched Person of Interest with them, and discussed IKEA, and read their kids a book. Saturday ended up being more full than I planned, Jillian then a last minute brunch and my washing machine broke mid wash, so then I had to visit my parents to finish washing it. In the evening Heather and I went to a local pub and saw Melody Pool and friends perform for a Black Dog fundraiser, which was good music but everybody smoked, so gross. Then we went to a less smokey pub for dinner, then Heather helped move my stuff into my new bedroom and make the big bed.



On Sunday I made a quick shopping list for cookies and went to Greenhills and left before 10am, beating the insanity and actually getting a car spot. It took 2 hours to make all these cookies. I've been giving them away! 14 or 24 at a time. So handy to have big piles of cookies. I feel like E with all the Jurliques. Thankyou neighbour, have some cookies! Thankyou friend, have some cookies! Thankyou colleague, have some cookies!



I rented Hart of Dixie S3 from Video Ezy. This is Percy really getting into it.



Sunday night was church carols, aka Street Party. I was in the kitchen production line for half the night but there was a great atmosphere. Church meets on school grounds and it was perfect for the event. Boys games on the field, a good slope to sit on so you had a view of the band, and a view right over the flood plains actually.




 
On Tuesday Dad is taking time of work so he came over to my place while I was at work to meet the washing machine repair man while I went to work. The thing is, when I bought the machine I paid $109 for the extra 3 years extended warranty. I know they are a rort but I just wanted a little bit of piece of mind due to my situation in Sydney. And when it broke, lo and behold it was during the extended warranty!!!! I was so excited. But then the repair man said, if it is cockroaches that doesn't count. You gotta manage your own vermin. I kill a roach every night, whereas in Sydney I killed one a month at most. So I waited with baited breath until dad rang up and said it was OK, not cockroach damage, FREE REPAIR! Such satisfaction. More good luck than good planning I guess but I still feel happy and vindicated and the fact that I had kept the receipt and paperwork is worth some pride.


Percy at work on Tuesday. People love him.

Update on job: still waiting to see the ad. Was hoping it was today (Wednesday). But I've been put on a roster to chair staff meetings next year which is a vote of confidence.

No comments: