Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Parking gets harder.

I just carsit sometimes, so I don't have a resident's permit. There are about 15 all-day permit-free car spots near my house. There are a lot more than 15 cars fighting for those spots now. It has become a lot busier since I moved here. There are so many flats without car spots and more people with cars must have moved in, the fools. Used to have half a chance of finding a park within 200m of the door, now I have about 5% of a chance. So I started using a street behind my street that connects via a lane so it's not far to walk. Last night, bam. Shiny new 2-hour-parking signs along that street. Back through the streets to the street on the other side of my block, where thankfully there is a school and no blocks of flats, so it's easy to park there at night. When that street goes, no more carsitting. Which is a shame, because carsitting is the best thing. I drop someone at the airport, I get a couple of weeks of having a car to do errands, go buy the big thing I can't carry on the bus, drive around the suburbs at night, etc etc etc, then back to normal. It's the best of both worlds.

No comments: