Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lots of firsts.

Stayed in my first luxury resort, 3 hours north of Windhoek. Saw African animals for the first time, on the game drives. We were unlucky in the lion department, saw nothing, but saw elephants and got charged by one as well. Got nice and close to a cheetah, and also got a good look at giraffes, white rhino, warthogs, the tops of hippo heads, wild dogs, squirrels, lots of birds. In the car on the way back, lunch wasn't sitting too well. When we got home, I was feeling definitely seedy. When I started to feel like throwing up I realised I was having the true traveller experience. I haven't thrown up since I was 9 years old. I thought I was immune to everything! I won't go I to details about it. I only threw up once during the night, and mostly I just feel achy like a flu. So this morning I'm hoping that panadol and sipping on water and Gatorade is all that happens. I'm not the only one with the bug, but happily this is a house with plural bathrooms. Tomorrow I will hopefully teach some people how to use InDesign.

No comments: