Monday, October 31, 2011

What I've been doing.

Mulberry stains on fingers after I've walked home from work.


My chocolate intake was making me guilty, so I am now going monday to friday without chocolate. Not as strictly no-chocolate as my former "chocolate free days" challenge, where I banned everything that had anything to do with chocolate, but I mean no proper chocolate, the sort that you bite into and it melts in your mouth. Chocolate flavoured things don't count. It's a reasonably easy challenge. On the weekend I only had some fun sized cherry rips which I quite enjoyed and a few squares of fudge leftover from Maitland. So I shall do it again this week.

I've been compensating for my chocolate lack with my olive oil intake. It's my new love. And also, the avocados are cheap, creamy and abundant. MUFA's are good for you, so hoe in!

These are the old windows, recorded for posterity.

New windows didn't turn out quite as expected. I was hoping for clean windows, but instead the amount of deconstruction required meant that there was brick dust all over the new glass, and more unfortunately ALL OVER EVERYTHING. I am gradually spring cleaning everything: washing curtains, wiping furniture, etc. Things have been getting dirty for a while so it is time to spring clean anyway. It's good to sort through things as well, and make them fit back into my limited space.

My 80s dress is almost finished, sans waist elastic and skirt hem, except that the neckline is awful.  It is small and overwhelmed by frilly stuff. Partly I don't like the froofyness, and partly I didn't sew it very well so it isn't sitting properly. I shall put all WIP photos in one post when it's finished.

A and myself have been plugging away consistently with the Jillian DVD. We always do 7 circuits, unless we are short on time. I do it either 3 or 4 times a week. It's still hard, because we still have form to improve. I've upped my hand weights to 1kg each. We neither of us feel as tired afterwards, which I kind of miss. I liked that endorphin exhaustion combination.

And finally, my fingernails are in a terrible state. I should have removed the polish from last time, instead of letting it fall of in pieces and take chunks of nail with it. Currently I have 8 medium nails and 2 short jagged nails. Disappointing. Not going to look good no matter what I get put on them for the wedding on Saturday.

No comments: