Sunday, June 30, 2024

June 2024

 I'm feeling good! I think I've was inflamed and tired for 2-3 months, but June has been different. 2 things potentially helping. Introducing more quantity and variety of veggies into my diet (and cutting out rice and other grains to make space in my diet) and maybe getting sick end of May and having a break to recover. 

June has been mostly a nice routine, some busy weekends and some quiet weekends. Here are some of the highlights.

  • Saw a local musical Marvelous Wondrettes, very fun and good singing, with 2 gals from church.
  • Spent a day in Dungog with my mum.
  • 2 x visits to a cafe on my own, once to start a sketch project, the next to finish a book. 
  • Started a crochet blanket (not granny squares as below, that is just a colour test).










I am now starting my 3 month sabbatical from rosters at church, and getting ready to start my day off a week long service leave from work. Night church made a special occasion of my finishing up music, Rog said a few words about how music blesses the church and how he's seen my intention for it, there was cake, and so many people wrote messages in a card. It was incredibly touching. 

I reached the halfway point of my 1 year make do challenge and stopped. It's been a good time to examine personal style and cull my size 12s and resist buying things I got obsessed with. But I also bought things, the first time because I forgot, and then after that it was like, well I already bought something so why not. It wasn't a complete failure because I mostly did think more about what I needed rather than what I wanted. It's always fun to buy quirky things, but then what I need is actually more boring and basic, so taking some time to feel the need helped. 

There is an activity that you can do that I still want to do, you add up hours you spend doing different thigns and make a pie chart or whatever, and then you can see how much time you spend WEARING different types of clothes. And maybe you need to stop buying fun dresses, or activewear, because you have a lot of it in proportion to the amount of time you spend being active or frocking up. Whereas you might have an easier time getting dressed most days if you buy a couple more boring but comfortable work pants. Creating some data instead of going off your feelings.

Anyway that will do for today!

No comments: