Sunday, April 2, 2023

A flash of March.

March has gone by in business. Cello, home group, workouts, home group, music practices, life admin. Work, things after work, things on the weekend. My mantra now is 'I want to be left alone'. Too much of a good thing. Here are some lovely highlights.

I was waiting for proper Autumn, but I did enjoy some really pleasant evenings. If I actually had nothing on after work, the best thing was to take a quilt into the back yard and read with some calming piano music. A quilt is a lot nicer than a picnic blanket. Highly recommend.

 

I actually had to cut back on pilates, because I was tired, napping at work in my lunch break, really flat battery. Did some blood tests, and my iron and white blood cells are low, but nothing worth doing anything about, so I just had to rest more really. I should have rested more when I was sick in January and December, because it's probably not good to fight infection for so long. I think I've just about stopped coughing in the morning though.

Park walk friend Cass has a new puppy so there are now 6 of us on our park walks.

I was uncertain about fitting into my usual wedding dress for the wedding, so I confronted the big shops in newcastle so I could go to the Review shop in Myer. I went first thing Saturday morning, bee line to Myer, Review, Sale rack, Size 14, tried on 4 dresses, the dark blue was the winner, I was done in 10 minutes. It was $300 down to $120, so happy! After that I met up at Heritage Gardens with Kristy and JK and had a classic brunch with friends, which is lovely and actually quite rare. We looked at plants and I didn't buy any.

Cant remember if have presented my parents finished floorboards but here they are, they are a sort of matte satin finish instead of shiny polish which looks great.

We had a family picnic near the croquet club and had a little game as well. Also on this day I did pilates and had a swim at the pool with Fi and her family, so that was exhausting but it was a lovely day to be outside, and I forgot how nice it is to go to the pool, it's closer than the beach, and it's in the park so grass and trees instead of sand. The water wasn't as nice, but it's still water.

Anyway this was pizza for lunch.

This must have given me the idea to have a croquet afternoon for my birthday, so here are the friends I invited having some fun games. It rained a little at first, but not enough to cancel the croquet.  JK made a really good cake with ganache. It was pretty easy to organise, and really relaxed and lovely.



I co-organised this Easter raffle and morning tea at work. Not with enthusiasm but it went well, my circus music soundtrack was a hit with all. Work isn't very stressful, it's picking up pace but not overwhelming. I have got a role upgrade which is pretty big, I will have to apply for my job mid year but for now it is a bit more money which is nice.


So yes, life is full of good things, my plate is a bit overloaded, but it's almost the easter long weekend, and then 2 weeks of travel! And I've stopped cello lessons, so that takes some of the extra logistics out of the week. Another month blogged.

No comments: