Friday, October 1, 2021

September flowers.

   

I have very little to share regarding September. I enjoyed it. But did very little even for lockdown. See above, I spent one day building a challenge grid based on a Kath n Kim meme. This was a highlight.

I did some creative design for myself, which is extremely rare. This is an Eastern Rosella design. It isn't for anything but it was an idea. And it was a good challenge to make a repeating pattern.


My food related triumph was making butter chicken from scratch following the Recipe Tin site, and unusually for me I used all the correct ingredients and it was wonderful. It was enjoyed by me and Ros at one of our bubble buddy nights - curry themed. We have also done takeaway pizza, home made stir fry, and fanciest of all the Bao Banquet. We watch a movie (like the new Cinderella) or sometimes just the Dog House and the Ambulance show.


I made a dress! A new pattern and a fabric that took me 3 attempts to purchase. It has pockets. 

On my many walks I have been noticing things that look like geraniums but different so I'm creating a collection. Eventually I will have geraniums in pots under my bedroom window and ivy geraniums in hanging baskets. Grow something in every available inch!


This is my favourite beauty spot in Maitland, it is on the road behind Maitland Park and it has a lot of lavender and a lot of Paulownia trees. Magic in the evenings. I've been picking lavender and jasmine from this walk and making the house smell nice.


As well as walking I have got back to my 3 workouts a week habit, using the downdog hiit app as well as Jillian. I put on fun music and in fact my warmup is just randomly dancing to a song, I'm enjoying it a lot. It has been good to have a break and just do the running and walking, and now the music and the variety of the app is keeping me engaged. I'm actually feeling strong and healthy, except for the occasional day like I spent most of last Sunday on the couch exhausted for some reason. I did my shopping after breakfast and when I got home I had a flat battery and didn't want to get out of the car and put it away. After about 5 hours rest, TV and napping, I felt a lot better. Suddenly got tired suddenly got OK again. But mostly everything is OK healthwise this month and I'm grateful for the energy. I am going to bed early and waking up early so hopefully daylight savings is an easy change!

Night church now happens via zoom instead of watching youtube in the morning, and I've also been joining a tuesday and thursday prayer meeting that started on zoom. This screenshot marks our churches birthday.


And I have really enjoyed the Single Minded webinars on loneliness. This one was about the self. Would repurchase.


I had a list of things to do at the office so one day I had a lovely excursion to Tocal and photographed the bees in the canola while I was there. A beautiful place.


The lockdown has been like a time travel experience where we all live in a small village and spy on our neighbours and bake bread and go for a promenade at the park in the afternoon. And now we can enjoy a picnic. Charming. It really is nice to have a simple picnic without a kids birthday party or something. It is a delightful time of year to be outside. This was my first use of birthday present jumbo picnic blanket with some vaccinated friends. Probably the loveliest time I have had this whole month. Very blessed to be vaccinated. The following week I had lunch with my parents at Morpeth.


Last week I must have been in a mood because I bought a spiky matt off an ad on facebook. My neck is stiff, probably from too much phone use rather than stress. I've used it 3 nights in a row. It is certainly uncomfortable and that's all I can say. 


This week I discovered a new vietnamese restaurant open for takeaway and it is yummy, I had it twice for lunch this week. I never get to buy lunch at Tocal so it is the one perk of WFH except there was nothing to eat near me except pizza and kebabs - until now!! Pork belly banh mi! I am excited for when we can eat in!


The garden has been transformed this month! From this photo on the 10th september, there were a decent number of rose leaves and lots of poppy buds...


The roses are now bushy and covered in buds, the jasmine is covered in leaves and buds on the fence, I have been picking poppies constantly and also sweet peas, the geraniums and irises flowering... It is wonderous to behold. Every spring is like this, it is always beyond my expectations.



This afternoon had a very short intense hailstorm. Such fun. 



The end.




No comments: