Sunday, October 27, 2019

October mostly nothings.

I'm ahead of the month end this month! This weekend is quiet, next weekend is busy. 

I finished a small knitting project.


I watch less TV. I spend a lot of my rest time on the couch, listening to podcasts and looking at my garden and reading books and eating my meals and doing admin and pretty much everything happens here.


I did some big $$ shopping! Ziera went into administration so I bought a pair of boots for next year. They were a good discount so it was a good time to buy anyway but I would have delayed purchasing if not gripped by fear of having no orthotic shoes to buy in the future.


I also bought a raincoat, after 18 months of agonising.


The occasion was the Riverlights festival which was a bit rainy but still wonderful.


This is my name in Tamil.


Another special night out was seeing Much Ado About Nothing at Newcastle Civic Theatre. I've seen this play several times, I think I saw it last year by Upstage, it's one of my favourites. 



Now to important garden news! I picked a large bunch of paper daisies from my garden!


I've been fighting aphids on my roses!


I didn't expect to get any irises because I recently dug them up and separated them, but I got 2!


I've had poppies from June non stop! They are starting to thin out now as we get hot days but the last flush has been gorgeous.


I took a bunch of garden flowers down to Elsie when I saw her new place, and also cooked a huge batch of soup for G, and we had brunch in Lane Cover.


I found driving to Sydney and back in the one day extremely tiring, it was raining and holiday traffic. I've been realising that I now have to pay a recovery price for hard things. A hard driving day, then a couch day. The arthritis has been pretty good this month, although starting to heat up the last couple of days.

I've been looking out for a garden bench, and spotted some vintage chairs on Facebook and bought them last Saturday. It was a nice drive out to Seaham to get them as well. I love having such cute, cheap, reused chairs.




I've started doing another kids book at work.


I also got inside a tractor one day. And went to the dairy another day.


This is some family, on mums birthday, after she got out of hospital. I took a day off work and hung out at the hospital with her after her surgery.


I signed up for hello fresh, because I have been suddenly bored of my slow cooker food. Even the smallest box takes me ages to eat, and the cooking is time consuming, but it does taste good.


I've been to the nutritionist about arthritis and I'm goign to try and cut down on sugar for a month. So some changes to my shopping. Berries instead of bananas. Paleo bread instead of sourdough. It's doable in my home cooking and food prep, but hard when eating out.


Finally, yesterday it was really hot and windy, and whilst I mostly watched TV and did washing, I did go to the baths with JK and JM and had my first swim of the summer! It said it was 18, but it was nice, maybe the pool had warmed up in the sun. My joints are hot, I love to cool them down in water.



We had pizza and watched the tide come in.

And that's it! A pretty short post.

No comments: