Sunday, April 16, 2017

March 2017

My veggie garden ready for autumn planting. March was humid and rainy.


Joined two church friends for a walk along Nobby's breakwall. The surf was huge and surfers were paddling around off the rocks, risking their necks.


There was a sheep and a goat.


The next day Madee and I spend the morning in Morpeth, where the gallery was hosting painters, we really enjoyed watching them and chatting with them. I didn't buy any paintings yet. It's on my life list though.




All the humid weather brought up a lot of fungi! Got these on my evening walk/jog around Maitland Park. Have a new park jog friend, Fiona.


One weekend I got sick of the stinky chair with it's disintegrating latex cushions and took it to Clark Rubber which was furtunately having a foam sale, got foam cut, and this is how I formed the head rest part. Wrapped some foam around the end and glued it. It's tricky stuff, very bouncy, so glue got around a bit.


Very happy with the finished result! Once I dye the fabric they will look quite handsome!


I had a very busy weekend planned when it was my birthday so I decided to take a Thursday off beforehand to enjoy a birthday brunch at Kotara with JK. Her gift to me was a lip lab lipstick, which I got to pick the colour mix myself! Quite fun! I went with a very bold pink, and it was good to be able to try on and adjust the colour until I was happy, because they look so different on than in the tube.




When I got home, there was a bunch of flowers from Elsie!



On the Saturday I hosted an Intimo party. I baked cinnamon scrolls and had 5 girls over, and it was really lovely. A good opportunity to sit around and chat, as well as get a good bra fitting. I realised I've been buying bras too big - I'm a 12-14 in clothes, so I buy size 14 bras, but tighter is better.


Liz and I had an afternoon Teagustation at mansfield house in town. The crumpets were amazing. It took longer than it said so I had to cancel birthday dinner with parents and Julia, but that was OK. It was lovely.


Julia and I went to see Beauty and the Beast, but missed out on tickets, so we bought tickets to the next session and walked around the park talking.



We got gelato before the session, and loved the movie.

On Sunday I had breakfast at the art gallery with mum for my birthday. My parents gave me lots of tasty foods they have bought on holidays.

Dad was playing croquet and couldn't come, and I decided to walk home via the croquet and watch him play a bit. I saw a jump shot, and a "low probability" shot.


Had a few lovely foggy mornings.


Hah, and I made a HAUL of expiring food at Coles on a Wednesday night! Quite a few cheeses that will still be good (although I took a couple to the OCA dinner) and some meats that I put in the freezer. I've been adding blue cheese to my lunch salads, so good.


No comments: