Thursday, October 27, 2016

October round up! Part the second.

Lucky there is a long Bachelorette finale to have on while I blog.

I had an opportunity to do something nice for my colleagues, which was a bee themed morning tea to congratulate some team members on the native bee book. I bought in my whopper teapot and helped with food and picked a big bunch of native flowers and painted some cards the boss could write in and present to my colleagues. 




That’s not all, the next week I put together a Bachelorette themed morning tea with some colleagues for the campus social club. It was cheesy and amazing. Chocolate dipped strawberries, fairy lights, everyone had to pick a bachelor for the raffle.


I scored the decoration roses for my desk afterwards!!!!!!!!! I can't have roses in my tiny garden I think, so enjoying them was a treat. And garden roses are so different to florist roses. So generous, and showy and scented, not just perfect uniform rosebuds.


Can't stay away from my garden for long. I've been looking online at Wallgarden and other types of vertical garden system. I had rigged wire mesh to the fence. A friend cancelled her plan to visit from Sydney so I consoled myself with a trip to Poppys garden centre in newcastle to buy multi hang pots. They are pretty well designed to hang easily and be moved around. It was a few hours work in the rain on Saturday to dig up plants from the garden and plant them in the pots and hang them on the fence. I'm pleased with the results, I think the plants will cover a lot of fence if they don't die, and I can add more pots later!



Then there is the annual ED workshop, my work team from around NSW meets together for a couple of days with bosses and does seminars and things. I had nothing to present this time except a get to know you game, which was pretty fun and easy. So I was just looking forward to a trip down to the Riverina, learning some stuff and seeing new things, and my office hosted the Togies. I might blog a report of that separately.

We flew to Nerrandra in  Rex. Sydney always looks amazing from above. And then I noticed all the sort of agriculture we flew over. A lot of greenhouse horticulture on the outskirts of the city, then green green flat fields, a bit puddly and flood ruined in some areas.


I had the biggest pub meal of my life, a lamb shank. This is me on the home straight. I took the opportunity to stock up on red meat.


We stayed in a old, faded, historic hotel in Leeton. Charming.


Glen from Trangie and I played a duet, cello and viola. It was great for me to have something like that to work towards, my first string duet. Some of my colleagues said they really loved it. Looking at the video one of them took I was smiling the whole time so I must have enjoyed it too. It went well, notes-wise, no mistakes.


I ate a lot, but I went for a walk each morning. The area is amazing for flowers. Roses, and irises and things.


On our last afternoon we visited an iris farm run by our college in Wagga. I've bought a few and they've grown this year but haven't flowered yet. When it's time I will dig them up and plant them in pots in a sunnier spot. Then it was a flight to Sydney and a long mini-bus ride back to Tocal, arriving painfully travel-weary at 9pm. It was a really successful trip and workshop.


And finally, Mum re-taught me how to knit so I can knit myself a new pair of wrist warmers.




No comments: