Friday, July 24, 2015

Ready for a big weekend.

I've been feeling awesome in a normal kind of way this week.

The Everyday Gratitude diary reached its funding goal! I finally got my act together when it had 14 days to go and posted it on facebook. And then a couple of people said they were pledging, and that spurred me to send it to certain contacts through work, a few of whom were so enthusiastic they ordered several and forwarded it on. The feedback for Bec was so positive. 

I enjoyed my cello lesson because I started the grade 1 book which introduces new key signatures. A good challenge. I'm approaching the end of my 12 month test of learning the cello. Should I continue? The cons are, it's quite a commitment of time and money. 400 a term plus books and cello hire. And when I've been tired and busy practice is quite a burden I can't sustain. But the pros are, I've learnt quite fast, and it's good to have a challenge that is different to my job and watching TV. My thinking is, I could learn to 3rd grade. That might give me enough ability to play in different keys to be able to transition into church music, at which point, buy a cello and stop lessons. Or take a term on term off or something. Ultimately, if I can't play at church I don't know that I'll keep it up at all. I can already play the piano for relaxation, so the main point of the cello is for church, and the interest of playing it in a group context.

I was pretty busy at work and the weekend looks to be tiring, but I've got the day off on Monday, to recover and to meet the man who is installing our NBN!

This is the monster wood pile at work for the bonfire on Saturday night. A few of the trees that fell down in the flood.


This is a whole lot of bags with books and flyers in them for the visitors.


This is a snapshot of my 2015 personal goal list, which I have just updated for the 2nd half of the year. I'm not a super detailed list maker, I don't list everything in my life, but things like "I should have a brunch for people" are a good idea and if I put it on this list I am making it a priority. And then when I do it, it feels like I'm accomplishing a goal, and I get that little moment to reflect on the event. I hope you guys don't feel less special for being items on a list btw. I think something is no less thoughtful for being listed or planned rather than spontaneous.



No comments: