Friday, August 8, 2014

OFFER ACCEPTED!!!


My 2nd offer out of the three came good! I had a small amount of hope (being the 2nd highest offer but with fast settlement skillz), but the longer you don't hear back the smaller the hope gets and I was slightly weary of the emotional roller coaster of offers so I was trying to move on. Anyway I heard back! Accepted! The most expensive of my offers, and although I would have been happy living in the cheap one or the middle one too, this is the best place, I'm getting more for the extra money, and when I sell it I'll get the extra money back, and it's still an amount I can afford to repay in a worst case scenario like losing job and renting it out. Also I didn't get the other two, so there's no comparing. Glad to be spared the choice between two if my offer on Saturday had been accepted. I'd probably have gone with that instead cos cheaper.

I've only seen it for ten minutes. Kinda weird to buy something so big on such a glancing inspection. But that's ok cos they are pretty same-same, these modern villas. Built in wardrobes, garage, beigey colour scheme, etc etc. Not much to stand one apart from the other as far as personality. You just sort of see how big the rooms are and is there air con. And with this place, the points of difference which I like are that it is blue on the outside, and I like the street. In Sydney I really liked living walking-distance from the shops and enjoying the posh houses all around my unit. This is the same kind of thing, it's a unit, but I can walk to the shops, and on this block there are some really nice houses that I can enjoy looking at.

I feel really lucky. There are new worries to come I expect, like now I'll have a mortgage, and what if I'm lonely on my own, and what if the neighbours don't like me, and also I think I have a toothache. But I hope it's going to be great, or at least, I am really excited to unpack my stuff in a new house, and have people come and stay with me!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hey Jess, I am little behind on actually blogs, but this is exciting! Congratulations. I am trying, but I actually took a pay reduction, even though I moved out of Sydney, so it is not looking as promising for me. Might have to get myself one of these budgeting apps!