Sunday, April 21, 2024

April 2024

Not the end of the month but taking the time I have now.

Wins

  • Been combing through my clothes and things and putting stuff in a "let go box". 
  • Getting more use from my standing desk at work and now it is cooler doing some lunchtime walks as well. I did a glute activation workshop at pilates which motivated me to sit less.'
  • I bought a new computer which was a major pain I'm still not sure I've got it sorted, but one win is that all by myself I partitioned a 5 TB harddrive into a 2TB time machine and a 3TB drive for my photos.
  • Set a goal to do hospitality in the holidays. Invited 3, as of today, 1 family came, the 2nd family had sick kids, and a woman from church is planning to come over next wednesday. So not bad.  
  • In line with this goal, I declined an invite to play piano at a womens conference. Always hard to know how much to do, and I usually find saying yes is a great experience, but I decided since I had my hospitality goal, and I'm taking on a cello student term 2-3, that's enough extra stuff for me to worry about right now. Maybe I need to come up with a theory about capacity baseline and how many extra things are sustainable, like maximum one worry at any one time.
  • I had a Friday off at the start of April, because work was quiet and I had flex time to use, and I ended up shopping over in the homemaker area, Spotlight had a sale, I bought curtain fabric for my last 2 bedroom windows, and a mattress topper at another shop, and just wandered around with no time pressure and it was raining and I also didn't go wild on the spending runway. I just bought the things on my house wish list. I made the curtains over 3 days. It sort of finished off the house I think. 
  • Also did my Autumn garden turnover, removed zinnias and planted poppy seedlings. 
  • Did some outfit challenges where I tried to wear only 2 colours. Obsessed with capsule wardrobe theory atm.
Overall theme has been intentionality. 

Stress level atm: low
Health: Quite good. Back stiffness issues continue. Still seeing physio. Sleep a bit disrupted. But energy is good, inflammation mostly low. Had a flare up last weekend which I wonder is related to all the white bread I ate.


OOTD selfies are hard. This is what passes for me as a 2 colour outfit. I also culled that skirt bc it has stretched out so much.


Behold curtains.


Nobody was bitten.


No comments: