Monday, January 11, 2021

December: 2020 ends nicely.

So far I've only sewed one piece of fabric, blue linen dress. I had to redo the neck hole because the sag of the dress made the neck lining rumple (inside out view below).

I did not do Carols in the garage this year, but I enjoyed recording the Christmas day carols, this is our filming location. It looked wonderful. And sounded awesome too. It was a lot of work but given the last minute outbreak and church and singing being forboden again just on Christmas turns out to be a smart plan.


Heather came down for Christmas, but flew back before Christmas in case the border closed to NSW, but we had a fun few days. We went to a movie, sisters and JK! I bought this doll for Lucy and sewed its dress. 


In other craft, as well as the air plant wreaths I turned a bunch of dried flowers into this wreath. 


Chugged through some books. I read through the green Christmas devotion books, which was really excellent and I will do it again, and the Elegance of the Hedgehog which was a different sort of novel but good, especially a passage about tea, and it had a sad happy ending. Reading is a good thing and I don't feel like I read enough but at least this is something. 

I'm continuing through the Wheel of Time series, on Audible, up to book 8. Book 9 isn't available so I will slow down now I've got to make time to hold the print book in my hands. I love listening to books while I garden and do housework and drive and sew, it really gets me immersed and I can sink a lot more hours into audiobooks while I multi task.




I left my home group of almost 6 years. We had a special farewell night for the 2 of us leaving, and a lovely Christmas dinner with a little carol singing and secret santa. Thankful to God for the depth of relationships I've shared with this group.

Visited baby Elsie, daughter of ex-housemate.



Loved exploring a local garden for our work team christmas arvo tea.


Found the perfect sparkly Christmas earrings on Etsy.


Found some neighbours with a pile of leftover top soil and weasled some into my car. I went to the nursery for Christmas gifts and reading time in the cafe, and got advice that I could grow a tree in my crappy soil if I dug a big hole and filled it with nice soil. So I dug a hole, filled it with soil. Then I changed my mind and decided to remove the garden bed and dig another hole further away from the fence, so I stashed 2 boot loads of dirt for hole 2. 


I worked the morning on Christmas Eve. We had a 9pm Christmas Eve service with limited singing and it was lovely (except I'd prefer more atmospheric lighting). This is mainly why I didn't do Carols in the Garage, my carol singing itch was scratched. Normally church doesn't do this sort of thing, the carols are done outside and it isn't a good singing experience, more of an eating and talking event.

And then on Christmas I hosted the family minus Heather for lunch. Heather video called in for presents.



On Boxing Day we went down to the family farm, outside Canberra.



We did different things in different subgroups. I went for a walk around Lake Ginnenderra, with the males.


But I did not play Magic the Gathering.


I visited Goulburn with my mum and Auntie Barbera, to see the lifelong neighbours of Granny and Grandfather who still live in the same place next door. We also drove around and saw the houses Granny and Grandfather lived in as children. 


Some of us went to the art galleries.


And some of us went to The Green Shed. We got some great toys for Lucy including this pink balance bike for when she is a bit older.


And then I left on the 30th and drove back up home, stopping in Goulburn to check the op shops for my current obsession of candlesticks.


I don't have much to say but still going to keep the monthly process going for another year. 

I did a fair job of my goals for 2020. I did what I could.

My 2021 goal is to read the bible more, have a better relationship with God, and for God to make me less judgemental. That's the deal :)






No comments: