Monday, January 23, 2017

December Remember

It’s distant memories now, but I am sticking with this routine of a monthly reflection blog. I’ve got the photos to prove I did things!



So, I received the Barefoot investor blog and had my first date afternoon in a cafe with a pencil and paper to try and work out how to set up my bank accounts as per his bucket system. I am slowly working through the Barefoot Steps. It’s all fiddly work so I’m taking my time to think about it and work through it. I have now got the bank accounts working, and I like having separate accounts for essentials and treats. 


I dressed up Poodle-style for a Grease singalong movie night for the birthday of a friend from church. Borrowed this skirt from Jo, and felt perfectly appropriate. Note my super short haircut, the shortest I've gone yet. I figured shorter is better value.


A particular joy this Christmas was my next door neighbour decorating their TV antennae. A 20 foot flashing LED star out of my bedroom window.


And then work wound down. I finished the year on the Friday before Christmas, all the stress of finishing stuff ended with finishing stuff and leaving my desk all organised for 2017. Well done, past Jess. Thankful for that now.

On Friday night! I extended hospitality in a big way. I hosted a carols night! I thought of this the previous year, so I had plenty of time this year. We cleaned out the garage, decorated, borrowed the neighbour's BBQ, I printed song words and bought candles, and even had a couple of singing practices. It went really well. It was a very special night. I will extend the invitation a little further next year.







Holidays! There was 2 lazy weeks to fill at home. Beach. Sleep. Watch Netflix. Swim. etc. One nice variation was a day trip to Chatswood, with JK, meeting EL, and although the shopping was boring the food was good and the crowds were very quiet, and E gave me her slow cooker and a trolley she picked up off the street.


Christmas was the usual. Church. Pies and wedges and a few friends for lunch. Gifts.

The traditional visit from G for New Year was the next highlight! We tripped down to the newly reopened Bogey Hole pool for a swim. Wasn't super impressed, it's pretty but the water isn't very clean, it's weedy. G dived in with her glasses and they were lost. We searched for ages, with the help of other swimmers, but couldn't find them. The 6 of us then had a DELICIOUS lunch in Morpeth. I plan to go back there for my next flex treat.


We did the Maitland River fireworks this year. I was very proud of my planning. We had a quiet location with a good view and close to our car so minimal walking, and the fireworks started at 9, and we drove into my garage at 9:17. FIST PUMP


On New Year's Day we went back to the Bogey Hole with snorkles, and I found the glasses!



Then we went to Mereweather for a proper swim of laps. It was a perfect start to the year.

No comments: